Thursday, June 4, 2009

Utah Lake & Moab

We arrived in Utah Lake yesterday and stayed at a nice campground in Orem but we were eaten alive by mosquitos!! Duh! We were right next to a lake! I let the boys sleep in since we were awake batting at bugs over half the night and then I HAD to wake Jake at 10:55 since check-out was 11:00. Thankfully we had only taken out the tent, sleeping bags and tablecloth, so it didn't take much time to get it all picked up and leave. We drove S on I-15 about 10 mins and got off at the US6 exit and found am Albertsons to get some lunch/supper at before headed toward Price, UT. I had a coupon for fresh bread from the campground that was GREAT! So I got some kaiser rolls, a rotisserie chicken, boneless chicken breasts, marinade, corn on the cob, angel hair & sundried tomatoe alfredo sauce for less than $20 !! 3 whole meals, so Josh out the chicken in the marinade when we got in the car and I started driving. We drove for about 30 mi and found a rest area with picninc tables and ate a wonderful picnic lunch by a rushing stream. I wanted to get to Price to see what there was in this beatiful part of the country and found their rec dept and was told that all their activities the boys had in mind were done down in Green River anyway, so we continued driving. Ahhhh the joys of driving, I really love it! I kept going....I ended up in Moab, home of Arches Nat'l Park & Canyonlands Nat'l Park. And all the adventure the boys would want. They have ATV rentals, Hummer trips, whitewater rafting, horseback riding etc. We found a campground for tenters only called "Up The Creek" and that only spot left was the biggest and right next to the camphost named Denise (my sister's name) what a great place. WARM though I'm talking 80's and it's already 10:30 p.m. it's a sweet change from freezing our you-know-whats off though! :) We are going on a white water rafting trip down the Colorado River tomorrow with lunch included, that Denise had suggested through Moab Adventures. We are looking forward to that! Well I better get to bed since we have to get up early for our fun in the sun down the river tomorrow. Toodles for now......

No comments:

Post a Comment