Friday, June 5, 2009

a fricken skunk!!!

I was sitting there just outside the tent last night when the boys were getting settled in their sleeping bags and there was a skunk that came within 4 ft of me!!!! I freaked out and jumped up and tried to slowly walk away and he/she just stood there. I was like, PSSST!! Did he/she budge?? NOOOOO! I was like how can I get into that tent QUICK?! And he/she casually turned and went down to the stream just behind our tent. I was temporarily relieved, and hopped into the tent and layed there awake for over an hr trying to hear any evidence of it being close again. I finally faded off to sleep. I have been so hyper aware of bears the last few days and knew there were none in this area, but a fricken' skunk? Who'da thunk? LOL
We are headed out to the Colorado River to go whitewater rafting through these beautiful arches & canyons of Moab! Toodles for now.......

No comments:

Post a Comment