Tuesday, June 16, 2009

more miles.....

I have driven alot of miles in my days, having been an OTR truck driver, but never been able to stop as much or often, as I choose to now. I don't quite remember where I left off but I do know alot more miles have been added. After we left Arches & Canyonlands Nat'l Parks where we stayed at this quaint litte campground for tenters only named "Up the Creek"--Denise was the mgr and gave us some pointers as to what to do in Moab. We headed to Bryce Canyon Nat'l park to hang out with some FOTR (Families on the Road) whose name ironically is Bryce! It took, what seemed like forever to find 'em! I knew they had been here a couple mos and it's not a huge park so I figured someone would know who they are since her name is the same as the Park and there are only 2 campground IN the park. Come to find out there were many more outside the park that had the name Bryce in them too. So I let my investigative trail begin. And what do you know??? I FOUND 'EM, the next morning. We had a blast with them, they have 4 kids--3 boys and 1 girl and my 2 guys had a blast hanging out with them. They rode bikes, scooters, skateboards, hit the pool and we ate out with them. The best part of the trip for the boys (and me too) was renting an ATV and taking it out into forest and trails, Bryce & Steve are the trails guides and what an awesome 3 hr trip that was! We ended staying an extra day with them we were having so much fun. Then Bryce & Steve got a day off and were headed to Archlands in Moab and we were headed the other direction! We drove over to Zion Nat'l Park....and I know I've said it before, but every park we go into I like it better than the park previously!! Zion was magnificent! We went through the longest tunnel I've ever been in acorss this huge nation of ours, every time the boys would see some light they'd be like..."I see the end of the tunnel" "OOoops nope it's just an opening", over and over again until we finally came out the other end. We stayed at a real nice campground a bit spendier ($36 a night) than the others I'd stayed at, but the boys really loved it, nice pool, activities nightly, friends made etc. and we were only 140 mi away from Vegas where we were to hook up with our CA friends Sat the 13th at their time-share, so we stayed an extra night there too! We met some really neat people from all over KS with 2 girls, another family from CA with a boy Taylor 12 yo who came over a couple nights and played games with them, we had electrical hook-ups at this tent site so they were "hooked up" :) Now here it is Tues June 16 and we've been in Vegas for 3 days and were s'posed to leave today but again decided an extra day was needed here beofre we travel over to Albuquerque to meet up with some families from our LiG Conference who live there and that's about 1/2 way from here to OKC where we are p/u our bus to head way over to the East coast to MD for our fireworks selling adventure. What an adventure we are on! Will write more later, toodles for now........

No comments:

Post a Comment